As an Billing Specialist you will assist with the creation and editing of invoices for law firms as part of a centralized team, ensuring that the final product is in accordance with firm and client requirements. You will collaborate with a local team, as well as firm personnel, to ensure the timely completion of invoices and submission/resubmission of corrected and/or appealed invoices.
- Compile, analyze and process attorney fees and expenses to clients.
- Review and edit pre-bills in response to attorney requests.
- Research and verify narratives, rates, clients and matters, and client billing requirements and make appropriate corrections.
- Transfer charges between clients/matters to ensure that charges are billed to the appropriate party.
- Process write-downs in accordance with firm policies.
- Attach and verify supporting documentation to correspond with expense charges and per client requirements.
- Research, resolve and respond to internal and external inquiries regarding billing issues
- Generate reports as requested.
- Interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries and administrative personnel, providing accurate information and timely responses.
- Maintain billing software.
- Submit monthly electronic invoices to firm clients, ensuring all client and firm guidelines are followed during submission.
- Track the status of electronic invoices from submission to acceptance.
- Resolve rejections until submission is successful and keep documentation of issues/resolution.
- Resolve residual balances by 1) appeal, working with billing attorneys or timekeepers directly for details to submit for repayment, or 2) write off, through the appropriate assigned personnel.
- Liaise between firm’s billing/collections team, billing attorneys, secretarial staff and clients regarding ebilling, as directed.
- Set-Up and maintain vendor sites for: new matters, new timekeepers, new and revised budgets and ongoing rates.
- Identify, research, and troubleshoot rejected invoices and other issues as they arise so that electronic invoices are properly submitted and accepted by clients. Interact with various groups, to document and educate timekeepers to preclude future issues and expedite the acceptance of electronic invoices.
- Coordinate resubmission of invoices with billing team, billing attorneys, secretaries and client representatives, ensuring corrective action is in place for future submissions.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of manuals, reference guides, and educational tools that support the billing operation.
- Assist with analyzing industry trends, proactively seeking ways to improve current process and maximizes efficiency with the group.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests as directed by management.
- Other Duties as they arise.
- Education: Bachelor degree.
- Experience: 1+ Years of work experience in in an accounting or service related position
- Service oriented and self-motivated, consistently performing with a high sense of urgency and pride in product.
- Superior organizational skills and must be detail-oriented.
- Superior technical skills. Must work in multiple software programs and online vendor websites.
- Prefer experience with law firms.
- Prefer knowledge of Ebilling platforms such as eBillingHUB, Tymetrix, Serengeti, etc.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners, attorneys, finance staff, clients, and third-party vendors.
Working hours – US shifts 6:30pm to 3:30pm
Salary Package – Rs. 2,40,000/- to Rs. 3,60,000/- per annum