Location: North Goa/Hyderabad
The Network Engineer is responsible for designing, engineering, installing, configuring, managing, troubleshooting and repairing enterprise network infrastructure. Responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of the technological elements through requirements gathering, testing, research and investigation and then makes recommendations for improvements that result in increased efficiency, quality, and effectiveness. Will provide in-depth analysis and execution plans to drive improvements in both technology and process including: Network hardware (wired & Wi-Fi); Trap/Alert Management; Automated incident recovery and self-healing; systems management and patch delivery/automation; remote builds, scripting, etc. Occasionally will provide incident and problem resolution for complex issues and participate in disaster recovery exercises.
- Hands on experience and expertise of Cisco Devices like Core Switches, ASR routers, ASA firewall, Meraki, Catalyst switches, UCS, Call Manager and Cisco Unity
- Specific knowledge of Ciscos UC portfolio including, but not limited to Communications Manager (CUCM), Unity Connection, Unified Presence (Jabber), Voice Gateways, IP Phone
- Understanding of IP Telephony protocols
- Working knowledge of Monitoring/troubleshooting tools like RTMT, Dialed number analyzer, etc.
- Working knowledge on Quality of Service (QoS) and Class of Service (CoS), and VoIP technology
- Strong understanding and experience with Network protocols /services/technologies like BGP, OSPF, ISIS, IP/MPLS, QoS, MPLS Traffic Engineering, Multicast, SDWAN and NAT
- Hands on experience with Network inventory and Monitoring tools such as LanSweeper, HP Network Node Manager, Solarwinds, Sniffer, PRTG and Cisco Works.
- Experience troubleshooting stateful packet flows and common network issues related to packet switching/routing
- Network administration/ automation including network hardware, i.e. routers, switches, firewalls, network security devices installs and patch management, Network problem determination and resolution, log analysis, etc.
- Good knowledge on authentication methods like Radius & Tacacs.
- Review network security threat logs for intrusions and compromises and provide solutions
- Proficiency in creating network isolation by way of creating DMZ, VLAN, Micro segmentation
- Write well designed, efficient, and readable process documentation following technical documentation standards
- Support and maintain existing network infrastructure adhering to SLAs
- Drive customer communication during critical events
- Seek and participate in support opportunities across the organization
- Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base
- Follow agile practices
- A Team player with positive attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Open-minded, adaptable to new environments and a quick learner
- Education: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience: 5+ years of hands on experience on Cisco products
- Cisco Call Manager and Unity
- CCNP Voice Certification
- Cisco Video & Unified Communications (Cisco / Microsoft)
- The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience and/or certifications with at least two of the following types of network infrastructure:
- Cisco, Brocade, HPE, Aruba or Extreme switching products
- Meraki, Aruba or Xirrus enterprise wireless
- Palo Alto, Fortinet, Barracuda, Vectra security devices
- Cisco Call Manager, Digium or FortiVoice VOIP solutions
- Citrix, HyperV or VMware hypervisors
- A detailed understanding of TCP/IP, network documentation, and routing is expected.
- Optional skills :
- CCIE R&S
Working hours – US shifts (6:30pm – 3:30am)
Salary Package – Rs. 6,60,000/- to Rs. 9,00,000/- per annum