Motivated SQL DBA, this is a hands-on technical role within the technology delivery department and support the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of all clients databases both production and non-production. Responsible for the standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration and for management, monitoring, administration, availability, security, performance and improvement of the SQL databases.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server Stacks (2005, 2008 and R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017)
- Performed Install, Upgrade, Configure SQL Environments across versions.
- Familiar and Worked on Various methods of Migrating databases across environments
- Familiar and Worked with all the Core DBA Tasks including Backup and Restore for Business RPO and RTOs.
- Familiar and Worked with all the Schema DBA Tasks for Database environments of SDLC
- Familiar and worked on backup integrity and supporting/developing the department’s disaster recovery strategy
- Familiar and Worked on at least one or two available HADR Solutions (Cluster, DBM, Log shipping, Replication and Always-ON)
- Ability to understand and react to all the Critical and Non-Critical Database Monitoring Alerts.
- Ability to perform all basic Troubleshooting for any Database Performance issues.
- Keen to explore possible areas for Better Database Administration and Monitoring solutions and drive the DPIs (Defect Prevention Investigations) which improves on the Proactive Monitoring Solutions.
- Ability to identify and contribute to automate all activities that can be covering all areas of the infrastructure and application deployment and testing.
- Familiar and Keen to work on Performance tuning and optimization, index management.
- Supporting deployments of new systems/applications.
- Able to Manage SSIS & SSRS, adding enhancements as required.
- Exposure to SQL Server New Features with the new releases.
- Familiar to Agile meetings, including planning, review, retrospectives and daily stand ups
- Familiar or Keen to learn on Using Agile tools and techniques to manage workload and collaborate within the team and across the Team and fulfil the deliverables of the Project.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience: L3 – 6+ years and above
- Core DBA (Production and Development) of MS SQL Server 2005, 2008R2, 2012, 2014, 2016.
- Disaster Recovery – Very strong skills in Backup and Restore and aware of Point-in-Time Restores
- Basics of T-SQL and PowerShell
- Exposure on Performance Monitoring, Tuning and with Basic Troubleshooting Acumens
- Exposure on HADR Solutions available in SQL Server
- Exposure to SSIS and SSRS
- MCDBA track certifications or equivalent MCSA or MCSE in Data Platform
- ITIL V3/V4 Certification
- Virtualisation (with SQL Server) and Cloud Computing Exposure
- BI Working Knowledge or Exposure
Working hours – Rotational 24/7 shifts
Salary Package – Rs. 6,00,000/- to Rs. 10,00,000/- per annum