Location: North Goa/Hyderabad
The Senior Systems Engineer/Architect develops processes, standards, and technology solutions, and leads enterprise IT initiatives that implement new technologies, fundamentally change existing technologies, or integrates business units acquired thru mergers and acquisitions. This role possesses the business acumen to communicate with business stakeholders and translate business needs into solutions. Works closely with other IT departments to ensure solutions conform to security and governance standards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with business leaders, internal IT peers, and vendors.
- Keep current on innovative technology through continued education training, webinars, Ted talks, etc.
- Identify, design, implement, and support enterprise technology solutions
- Create technical documentation, to include detailed solution designs, project documentation, and executive level business cases.
- Transition knowledge to operational support teams and provide ongoing tier 4 support as needed.
- Performs project coordination, either as the project team leader or member
- Self-motivated to research and resolve complex or challenging issues.
- Align technical solutions with corporate strategies.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours as required.
- Occasional travel to designated offices of the hiring company.
Role Specific Responsibilities:
- Develop, maintain, and report on project metrics and key performance indicators (KPIs.)
- Mentor team members and operations staff.
- Prepare internal scopes of work (SOW) and assist with the creation of SOWs by vendors.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience: 5+ years of experience as a Systems Administrator maintaining various technology stacks in a datacenter setting. Experience to include systems monitoring, backups, networking, firewall, switching, LAN/WAN technologies, datacenters, CMDB management, ITIL, change requests, virtualization, hypervisors, VMWare, Hyper-V, Citrix, virtual desktops (VDI), Active Directory, LDAP, Microsoft Windows Server, Terminal Services, PKI, ADFS, SCCM, WSUS, MS-SQL, Windows Server Failover Clusters (WSFC) and storage arrays.
- 3+ years of specific experience developing technology solutions as a Lead Engineer in a multi-location corporation.
- Previous experience in service desk, legal, or managed IT services preferred
Role Specific Qualifications:
- Experience developing BC/DR plans and solutions that include geo-HA and hot-standby technologies.
- Experience managing O365/M365, Azure, and/or AWS IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS offerings.
- Experience configuring and performing advanced troubleshooting of ADFS, Azure AD, and MFA configuration.
- Experience designing and implementing VMware/Hyper-V clusters and virtual networks.
- Experience with various P2V and V2C tools and migrations.
- In depth PowerShell scripting experience.
- Experience with desired state and automation technologies such as Puppet, Chef, SCCM, Ansible.
- Experience with mobile management solutions such as MaaS360 or Intune.
Working hours – US shifts (6:30pm – 3:30am)