The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end-users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining all PC hardware and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Manage and resolve all escalated Service Desk incoming phone calls, emails, and tickets received while maintaining a high degree of professionalism and attention to Customer Service Excellence.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Creates and utilizes instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of full-time technical experience that includes maintenance, repair, upgrades, enhancements, and configuration of hardware, software and operating systems in a networked environment (PC and/or Chromebooks)
- Knowledge in PC hardware configurations to include the installation/repair/troubleshooting of components.
- Must have proficient technical skills in Windows, HP laptops and desktops, Citrix Client, Cisco VPN Client, Remote Desktop, and Wireless Network Client.
- Ability to deliver results and to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects and other responsibilities
- Effective strategic thinking, problem solving, and collaboration methods and skills
- Ability to perform complex technical analysis and work effectively in a team environment
- General knowledge in networks to include basic TCP/IP understanding, DNS, DHCP and Microsoft Windows 10
- Proven experience in high-demand/high-volume situations
- Proven experience of hands-on fixes at the desktop level. Including installing and upgrading software and hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Experience with Chrome Enterprise
- Experience in utilizing SCCM for software deployments and for maintaining a Windows PC environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook, Office 365 a plus
- Proficient with Windows 10, IOS and Android OS’s
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong methodical problem solving skills
- Desktop Productivity skills
- Vendor management escalation
- Ability to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment
- Independent worker/ self-starter
- Process and detail oriented
- Prior use of SerivceNow or other incident ticketing system and asset management of systems
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- VPN client applications, Cisco AnyConnect a plus
- Virtualization technology such as Citrix, VMware and other; virtual desktop experience a plus
- Experience with a PC Management tool like LanDesk, SCCM, Intune or other is require
Working hours – US shifts – 6:30pm to 3:30am only