The NOC engineer is the first point of contact for all customer queries and provides the first level of service for the customers. Part of the 24×7 infrastructure surveillance team, providing 24×7 coverage efforts for Managed Infrastructure Services to ensure maximum possible service availability and performance. Provision customer network services on core equipment and provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams.
Location: North Goa
- Manage and maintain the Monitoring Systems
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults on systems and networks, liaising with 3rd party suppliers, handling escalation through to resolution).
- Handling the Issues reported by users and give them initial response within defined time frame.
- Knowledge of Network, topologies, standards and infrastructure
- Provisioning (IP assignment, core network configuration, DNS setup, monitoring and graphing for colocation, leased lines, customer backup and other customer network services)
- Server build and installs, application upgrades, network equipment build and installation.
- Maintaining hardware serial audits, writing custom monitoring plugins and configuring bespoke graphing.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation (for NOC) of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Participate in a 24×7 shift and support 24×7 call-out rota if required.
- Good understanding of ITIL standards and should have worked in the ITIL framework
- Should be well versed with Event Management and Incident Management processes
- Takes network problem complaints from the users, analyses them and depending on the difficulty of the problem, either seeks help or solves them himself.
- Daily analysis of customer data reports and escalation
- Case Assignment to the appropriate queue after analysis
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks and projects with minimal supervision
- Experience of working on Network tools, Kaseya, System tools, MS applications, Operating systems, Active Directory access requests and MFA requests.
- Experience using trouble-ticketing and service management systems
- Seek and participate in support opportunities across the organization
- Actively participate in the skill development of your colleagues (workshops, presentations)
- Actively contribute to corporate knowledge base
- Follow agile practices
- Education: Bachelor degree and/or equivalent combination of education/training and experience for the role (MS Certifications preferred).
- Experience: 2 to 4 years’ experience
- Good communicator with a natural aptitude for dealing with people.
- Basic Linux CLI and sysadmin skills.
- Strong analytical skills and able to collate and interpret data from various sources.
- Ability to assess and prioritise faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Preferred to have or aware of at-least 1 or 2 monitoring tools like PRTG, SolarWinds, Nagios
- ITIL V3 Certification
- Optional skills :
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing Exposure
- Preferred to have prior work experience of NOC environment and global support (for different regions across the globe)
Working hours – Rotational 24/7 shifts
Salary package – Rs. 3,00,000 – 5,00,000/-