A company providing outsourcing services for law firm clients is looking for a reliable and precise accounting professional who will play a predominant role in building an Accounts Payable department. This role will eventually lead a team responsible for properly maintaining payable information for our clients. The Accounts Payable team will maintain current accounts and assist in invoice processing functions. We are seeking an experienced candidate who can document processes, analyze expense reports to assign payments to the proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices and reconcile monthly statements with vendors for specific clients to improve their payment process.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Maintaining historical records
- Paying vendors by scheduling payment and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit
- Monitoring all vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Paying all sales tax on appropriate invoices and making a note of each tax payment made
- Keeping track of credits owed to the client and ensure all credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Reconciling payable reports each month to confirm that all amounts paid were accurate
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of A/P manuals, reference guides, and educational tools that support A/P operations
- Analyzing industry trends, proactively seeking ways to improve current process and maximize efficiencies for the client
- Preparing analyses of accounts and producing monthly reports
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc request as directed by management
- Other duties as they arise
- Education: Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Experience: 5+ years in a corporate accounting role, 2+ years’ experience in accounts payable
- Preference for those working for a legal/engineering firm
- Preferred CA Inter
Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to use Microsoft productivity software such as Excel and Word and other A/P related software. Previous experience with Bill.com or Chrome River, strongly preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational aptitude with ability to document process and workflow
- Effective corporate communication skills with ability to establish and maintain relationship with partners, attorneys, finance staff, clients and third-party vendors
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Service oriented and self-motivated, consistently performing with a high sense of urgency and pride in output
- Ability to manage and build out a team in-line with the company requirement and culture.
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies, to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Preferred knowledge of US taxation.
Working hours – US shifts 2pm to 11pm and/or 6:30pm to 3:30pm
Salary package – Rs.3,60,000 to Rs.4,80,000/- per annum