Overview & Duties
Responsible for preparing or approving a fully compliant legal invoice based upon the Clients payers billing guidelines.
- The Preparation Specialist is responsible for preparing a fully compliant legal invoice based upon the Client’s payer’s billing guidelines. Summary of essential job functions:
- To prepare legal invoices to ensure compliance with law firms’ clients’ guidelines
- To follow specific instructions in individual matters, and deviations from appropriate and customary management and billing practices.
- To review all automatic changes made by the System
- To perform a detailed manual review of all line entries.
- To generate invoice preparation reports and perform the necessary analysis of outcomes to formulate action items
- To use legal expertise when assessing timing, necessity, and reasonableness of time spent on specific tasks
- To communicate with the Law Firm, as necessary, to obtain clarification, documentation, or consultation.
- To work with the Firm’s billing/administrative personnel and accounting personnel to document a process that ensures the timely and efficient preparation of invoices for submission to the client of the law firm.
- Minimum 2 years Insurance Defense/Workers’ Comp Defense or direct experience working with insurance companies preferred.
- Strong commitment to client service
- Ability to problem solve and use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Positive and professional demeanor
- Proactive curiosity
- Technically adept
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand court documents and court rules
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Paralegal education, certification and/or working experience required
- 2+ years of experience working within a law firm
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and other Windows-based platforms required
- Previous analytical research and reporting experience preferred
- Experience and working knowledge of database systems is a plus
Working hours – US shifts – 6:30pm to 3:30am
Salary Package – Rs. 3,00,000/- to Rs. 5,00,000/- per annum